A checklist for the January 31st tax deadline
It’s boring, but if you’ve saved money specifically for this purpose, it shouldn’t be painful. Here’s what you must do to get through your self-ass...
“I love deadlines,” says author Douglas Adams. “I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.”
Writers, this is a deadline you are not going to want to miss. Our second grant is coming, and it’s exclusively for our writing community. If you’re a journalist, copywriter, poet, or author over the age of 18 who operates in the UK, this is your chance to receive a grant of £500! This time, however, we’re doing things a little differently. Read below to see how to apply 👇
Applications open on 1st October and close on 31st October at midnight.
1. This scheme is exclusive to our Virtual Office members only.
2. To apply, make an UnderPinned Portfolio on our Virtual Office and use the skill tag UP&GOOct20
3. Inside your portfolio, you must include
a. Portfolio Name: UP & GO + your name
b. This Tag: Under ‘Tag’ use the tag: UP&GOOct20
c. Header Socials: Links to your social media and/or website in the Header
d. Content Blocks: Samples of your work (snippets, screenshots, links)
e. Text Blocks: What inspired you to become a writer & why you love what you do
5. Make sure your portfolio has been published, and not saved as a draft or kept private.
6. Applications will be shortlisted based on the amount of portfolio likes they receive. Liking is a new function on the UnderPinned Virtual Office. To like someone’s portfolio, search them on the UP Network, and tap the heart on the top right hand corner of their portfolio.
7. The five applicants with the most likes on their portfolio will be submitted to the next round, and judged by Writer and founder of newsletter Freelance Writing Jobs, Sian Meades-Williams.
The winner will be notified by email and we will announce the winning portfolio on 9th November on our Instagram page!
Best of luck to you!
Love, The UnderPinned team x
If this sounds like you, head over to our Virtual Office and send us your best work via an UnderPinned Portfolio. We want to hear from you!
Pivot. It’s one of those words that we often cast off to the figurative bin labelled ‘corporate jargon’ alongside the likes of ‘leverage’ and ‘syne...
Have you ever written an email to someone you’ve never met before, asking them for something? It’s tough; cold emails can feel pretty d...